The Trust helps each school to manage its estates to ensure they provide a safe environment and are compliant with all health & safety legislation. Strong estate management also includes developing the estates to benefit the pupils and our staff by using economies of scale and/or analysis of contracts. We take the pressures away from headteachers by;
• Developing a Trust wide method of monitoring compliance via the use of an online platform for premises staff. The implementation of the platform has been highly commended in recent inspections from Ofsted and the local authority.
• Reviewing energy contracts to ensure value for money in a fluctuating climate
• Sourcing quotes for energy reducing initiatives which will see energy costs reduce by half through the installation of solar panels. This should also benefit the wider Trust through income generation by selling unused energy back to the grid
Analysis of services and contracts currently in place. Examples of this include;
▪ Savings on artificial grass maintenance contract
▪ Reduction in recruitment costs for each site by starting a Trust level contract
▪ Reduction in waste management costs by reviewing contract and dealing directly with the contractor on school’s behalf
▪ Gaining schools free access to resources for leadership and curriculum development by liaising with the companies directly on the school’s behalf
▪ Gaining free access to high quality HR support, worth the equivalent of £300
• Marketing of the schools via social media, local publications and liaising directly nurseries etc. This has resulted in an uplift in expected pupil numbers at 2 schools (the other has stayed at full capacity).